New Hampshire was the first state in the union to pass a law authorizing towns to raise money to establish and maintain their own libraries. This was in 1849, and Peterborough, New Hampshire, was the first town in the country to establish a library. It took Wilmot a few more years to follow suit. For a while the only library was at the North Wilmot Meeting House. This was the Sunday School Library. Books were kept at the Meeting House and the superintendent could check books out to students. How this worked in Wilmot, we do not know yet.
In 1896 Wilmot started to set aside $39 for library purposes per the requirements of state law. The town appropriated this sum yearly. There was no physical library as yet, but in 1898, Library Trustees were elected. (see addendum) The following year two warrants were turned down by the town. One warrant requested that the town establish a library and receive $100 worth of books from the state, and the other wished to see what the town would raise for the library.
In 1907, the town received a bequest of $100 from the Mary E. Webster estate for the library, but it was not until 1911 that another vote was taken by the town to establish a physical library, and that finally passed.
At last, the first library opened on Wednesday, August 2, 1911, in Harriet Woodward’s house in Wilmot Center on NH Route 4-A near North Wilmot Road. (In the 1970s it was the home of Mr. & Mrs. Richard Hoyt.) To begin this library, 58 books were purchased from R. H. White & Co, and Sears, Roebuck Co. The town must have been happy with this library, for in the following year, 1912, it voted $25 for the library and then a branch library was established in Wilmot Flat at the Maurice Rayno House, 65 Village Road.
The original library in Harriet Woodward’s house in Wilmot Center moved across the street to the old Post Office and store, then occupied by Ethel Nye. From 1914-1924, the owner, M. R. Grace, received a rent of $11.50 per annum.
Mrs. Harriet Woodward was appointed librarian and served for 11 years. (See addendum for more Library Directors.) The library was open on Wednesdays and Saturdays. The town continued to put aside the required assessment of $39 a year, and the town voted for an additional assessment of $50 for the library in 1915.
During this time, librarians were hired. The first ones mentioned to receive salaries in the town reports were Kate Ford and Florence Langley. M.R. Grace stopped receiving rent when the library was moved from the old Post Office to the upstairs in the Town Hall located at 9 North Wilmot Road. The library was quite flush at that time with $1,312.88 in its treasury. Around 1929 the Wilmot Flat library was briefly relocated to 86 Village Road.
In the early 1930s two libraries continued to serve the town of Wilmot: the library at the Town Hall, and the library at Wilmot Flat. Flat. Mrs. Mary E. Roby was in charge. Later, Mrs. Addie White served as librarian. In both instances books were housed in their homes. In 1934, the Civil Works Administration spruced up the library room in the Town Hall by varnishing the ceilings, bookcases, floors and stairs, and painting the walls. This was when the Bookmobile started to come to Wilmot. In 1935, the Secretary of the New Hampshire Public Library Commission paid a three-day visit to Wilmot assessing the library. What followed was the discard of obsolete books, damaged books were put aside for repair, and books in good condition were classified and arranged in alphabetical order. The development of a children’s collection was given special attention. In 1936, the Wilmot Flat library was relocated to the first floor of the Kearsarge Grange #87, the former G.A.R. Hall building. (64 Village Road) This room was heated by a small wood stove. A reading room was created. When the Wilmot Community Association purchased the building in 1963, the library did not have to continue to pay the rent of $2 a year.
The 1938 hurricane in September damaged many libraries in New Hampshire, but Wilmot was not badly affected. Wilmot did not take funds from the library commission for repairs so that the funds could go to other libraries in New Hampshire who were in greater need.
The library was used by 41 of the 46 families in Wilmot Center. Books were also placed at the Mountain School on Mount Kearsarge for the use of people in that section of town. (264 Kearsarge Mt. Road) The bookmobile continued to be used by the town. It visited each school every 6 weeks as well as the library. At the schools, each student chose 3 books each time, but they were kept at the school. This way all students could read all of the books over a 6-week period. During WWII, some families moved out of town and others were assigned “emergency task” and did not have much time to read. The annual circulation declined, but support for the library was still there. Donors including Bernard M. Baruch, a famous financier, continued to give to the library. At this time, the library had 3,704 books.
After the war, both the Wilmot Center Library and the Wilmot Flat branch continued to grow. By 1959 The Wilmot Public Library won a state award for offering the most outstanding program during National Library week. As a result, the librarian was able to purchase a set of World Book Encyclopedias. This was necessary for the library to qualify for a state grant that would expand the children’s section.
In 1960, more growth and change were seen. New shelving was installed in the Wilmot Flat library, as well as the decorating of wall, floor, and ceiling. A huge donation of 52 Zane Grey novels was made by Katherine White and Donna Niles of Freedom Acres. Working conditions at the Wilmot Center Library were difficult and as a result, finding a permanent librarian was not easy. The library installed a Coleman gas heater in 1962; in 1963, fluorescent lighting was installed, and in 1967 insulation was added. With more comfortable conditions, more changes could be made. The Dewey Decimal System was introduced to both libraries, and the Wilmot Public Library joined the New Hampshire State Library Development Program to share in centralized book purchasing. By 1965 The Wilmot Public Library established a policy and laws which were accepted by the New Hampshire Board of Library Trustees. RCA Records gave the library free classical, country and western, jazz, popular, and religious records in 1968. At that time when the population of Wilmot was around 500, there were only 55 registered adult borrowers and 105 registered child borrowers. Less than 10% of the adult population borrowed from the library. This was exasperating to the library trustees. Was the problem the location of the library?
In 1970, inter-library loans became available and a new library building was also on the horizon. The Center School building (11 North Wilmot Road), next to the Town Hall was no longer in use. On March 18, 1972, the town of Wilmot voted to purchase this building from the Kearsarge Regional School System for $1, and turn it into a library. Mac Campbell was hired to paint the interior of the building. Walter Walker made a chute to move the books from the second floor of the Town Hall to the new building. A chute, 16 feet long and 2 feet wide was fastened from over the window sill on the second floor of the Town Hall to the tailgate of a pickup truck on the ground. The books could be moved easily without going down the winding stairs of the Town Hall. Then the truck drove the few feet to the new building. On June 3, 1972, Wilmot had its own library building. A grand opening celebration included a children’s film program in the morning and an Open House in the afternoon. Sixty-nine people signed the guest book at the Open House. In 1973 a new roof was added and in 1974 the outside was painted.
Circulation increased and the number of users in 1993 was 24% more than in 1972. A new building was the ticket to greater library usage. Indoor toilet facilities were also added. In 1975, the number of programs increased. Children’s author and illustrator Tomie dePaolo, a Wilmot resident at the time, hosted an evening for children of all ages. Fifty people came. He made a sketch of Strega Nona and donated it to the library. That same year, State Library cards were issued to Wilmot residents.
1976 was the country’s bicentennial. Celebrations were held at the library. There were barbershop quartets serenading people, old-timers telling stories, an Open House of the Center Library, silent films to watch, and an evening of poetry with Wilmot resident Donald Hall. The following year the films, and barbershop quartet programs continued, and Tomie de Paolo presented again. Between the two libraries and the bookmobile, 3,423 books were circulated, and the libraries purchased 202 books and received 185 new book donations. And the bathrooms were renovated.
In 1978 a town warrant proposed that the town should close the Wilmot Flat library, because few people were using it, but chiefly because a sufficient number of volunteers to take charge could not be found. The proposal was made again at the 1979 Town Meeting, and this time it passed. Volunteers and staff spent time culling duplicate books from the two libraries. The Center Library was rearranged to take in the Branch furniture and books. The library bought paperbacks at that time because they took up less room. The trustees wished to insulate the walls of the center library and Tomie dePaolo made a motion to increase the town contribution to the library to $3,000. The motion carried. Plans were made to fix the plumbing so that the pipes did not freeze every winter and to further insulate the building. An access ramp for the handicapped was also added.
The new building was working well for patrons, but improvements still had to be made. A new telephone was installed and the library published a list of important phone numbers, community activities, and a town map. In 1982 a permanent bathroom was installed; new shelving and ceiling fans were added. A weather-tight door was installed in a hut that covered the well and was insulated with hay. The water supply needed to be improved in 1986. Discussion had centered on connecting the library to the Congregational Church’s water supply, but there was too much ledge between the library and the church’s well. To improve the function of the library in 1984, a photocopier was added (10 cents a copy), and the library was reorganized to meet the guidelines of the State Library System in terms of cataloging.
Many programs honored Wilmot residents who had published books. A reception was held for Florence Langley to celebrate her new book With Prayer and Psalm. That same year, 1981, there was a presentation by Frances Shine on her research of Potter Place and Richard Potter. Trustee Thelma Minard was honored as Non-Granger of the year and in 1985 Library Director, Mary Jane Shoeler was awarded the Community service Award by the Grange. Donald Hall and Jane Kenyon continued to appear for poetry readings. In 1987 so many people came to hear him, that the program was moved to the Town Hall. Allen V. Koop of New London, NH, spoke about the Stark POW camp in northern New Hampshire in WWII.
With so many added programs, the people of Wilmot thought it was time to make an addition to the library building. In 1987 a warrant was asked to appropriate $2500 to examine the idea of an addition on the library. In 1987 a survey was done, and the result stated that addition was needed for a place for arts and crafts for adults and children. In 1988 a warrant article was asked for $25,000 to plan the addition. It passed by a vote of 66-38. The architect selected for the project was Mark Mitchell of Hanover. The chosen plan was to connect the library with the Town Hall by a ramp in the back of the library. The plan doubled the available floor space and allowed access to the bathrooms. Planning for the addition began in 1989.
The 1990s saw further physical improvements in the Wilmot Library and even better programming. Funding for the addition came from a variety of sources. The town contributed $25,000. Another $6,000 was raised through donations and fundraising. Then matching funds from the federal government resulted in an additional $31,000. The building committee included Thelma Minard, Ruth Barningham, Carol Graham, George Howe, and Kathy Springsteen. The builders and contractors for the project were Don Lucas, Monroe Construction, Earle Schoeler, Country Pine, and Biron’s Carpets. Work on the addition began on May 1, 1990, and was nearly complete by September 1, 1990, except for the shelving and furnishings. New furnishings included a reader’s roost in the children’s section, and new circulation desk, chairs, and plants. An Open House for the new library was held on April 21, 1991.
Now that the addition was connected with the library, the inner space of the library needed updating and refurnishing. Friends of the Wilmot Public Library helped with fundraising for this project. A table and chairs were purchased, a cupboard was refinished, chair seats were reupholstered. John McKenna donated shelving for videotapes of Kearsarge Valley Magazine. Formica counters were also installed and a handrail for the front entrance was built by John Williams. In 1997, the entrance hall and front door were painted by Mimi Broadhead. John Williams reworked a front hall bookshelf.
The world was changing, and programming kept up with it. Jay and Linda Lambert expanded on-line capabilities at the library allowing patrons to use the internet. The Lamberts conducted programs to teach patrons about the computers. Debbie Brown even taught a preschooler computer workshop. An iMac was purchased in 2000 to be compatible with the school district’s computers, and in 2001, the computerization of circulation records was inaugurated. Other programs involved the linguist Richard Lederer who pulled in 140 people. The next year, in 1993, 150 people congregated to watch the Bill Moyers interview with Donald Hall and Jane Kenyan. A video of this is available at the library. For the children, Summer Reading programs were organized by Allison Kozikowki and Elizabeth Fielding.
From 1986-2000 much of this library transformation took place under the watchful eyes of Library Director Kathi Donovan. She was responsible for many of the updates and she shepherded the many volunteers who helped to update the Wilmot Public Library.
A new decade arrived with more changes to the physical library and to the technical connections to the world outside of Wilmot. More and more people were coming into the library, so more books and shelving were added. In 2001, a grant from the Saul Sidore Foundation was used to purchase shelving. In 2002 the NY Times Best Sellers area was introduced. New hours were added to the library. It was open Monday through Friday from 3-7, Wednesdays also from 10-7, and Saturdays from 10-12.
In 2005 the interior walls of the library were painted, the wooden floors were sanded and refinished, and a new carpet was installed. The circulation desk was redesigned to make it more user friendly. Then new valences were installed above three banks of windows. The valences were constructed by Walter Patterson. Barbara Faughnan and a group of local historians requested that Sjaane Gordon paint scenes which include many of Wilmot’s historical buildings. In 2006 more shelving was added behind the circulation desk and for DVDs. John Taylor suggested that the library rework the youth area, so Walter Patterson rebuilt shelves. Grants were received which allowed for the purchase of two new computers, four printers, some furniture and installation of WiFi.
In this same decade, the books in the library were entered into a database with a search component. Brian Faughnan helped with this project, researching the best software to use. Patrons could now easily find any book they desired. Warrants passed by the town allowed library trustees to accept gifts of personal property other than money. A brokerage account accepted gifts of stock. The trustees could now accept money from state, federal, or private sources without further action by town meeting until specific revocation of that authority was made.
Writers were not forgotten. Poets were honored such as the new Poet Laureate of the United States, Donald Hall. Jane Kenyan and Donald Hall had both been New Hampshire Poet Laureates. With the help of the New Hampshire Writers’ Project in 2006, Wilmot Library organized a day to honor the poets of New Hampshire.
By 2007 the library was an up-to-date welcoming place, and circulation had increased to 7,500 items per year. Books on Wheels was also a service of the library, delivering books to patrons who could not come to the library. The decade closed with an expanded Young Adult section, a new website wilmotlibrary.org, and new software to help to organize books.
This decade saw more changes to the physical library, as well as changes to programming and New Hampshire Law. In 2010, a new state law mandated that the entire budget of the library be added into the town budget instead of just the portion the library received from the town. Two years later the town discontinued the Wilmot Grange non-expendable trust fund at a town meeting. The interest was disbursed to the library for the update of the electrical system to prevent surges and for additional computers.
The physical changes in the library included a history desk made by Ed Weaver in 2010. Patrons could sit here and peruse the historical archives or look up the genealogies of local families. Andover’s Marcia Hilton had traced many of the genealogies back in 1915. While no book has been published, the copied information is available at the library. The doorbell at the handicap entrance was repaired, and a new security system was installed. Al Price added a new handrail to the front entrance, and window shades were replaced. In 2014 also, Tim Martin as part of the highway Department, placed a new blue library sign at the corner of 4A and North Wilmot Road to direct patrons to the library. In 2016 the Joyce Tawney Creativity Lab was created in the space between the town hall and the library. Joyce was a former teacher who was very involved with and supportive of children.
People came to the library for so many reasons. Children could bring their stuffed animals for a stuffed animal sleepover. The children went home, but the stuffed animals stayed in the library enjoying the night. Photos of the animals at night were shared with the children the next day when they came to get their animals. Summer Reading was a yearly event. Patrons came by to the library to pick up Museum passes or DVDS or audio books. Programs such as a Tribute to Donald Hall by Eva Chrusciel and Invasive Species in New Hampshire entertained and taught adults. A Moving Wall exhibit showcased the talents of Wilmot residents. Watercolor prints, photographs, sweater pillows, coloring designs and more were showcased. The library created a float for the New London Hospital Days Parade. One year while Doug MacDonald drove the float, the children depicted favorite nighttime books.
Celebrations also occurred during these years. Holiday parties with Mrs. Claus, Mary Jane Ogmundson, were a favorite. At Christmas in 2012, the library worked with the fire department and the WCA to create the fundraiser The Wilmot Express. Activities occurred at all three locations and Santa and Mrs. Claus read at the library. The library celebrated its centennial in 2011. In 2013, Rosanna Dude was named Librarian of the Year by the NH Library Trustees. Then in 2016 the Wilmot Public Library was named Library of the year. This was celebrated with a new furnace! In 2018 the library building was registered with the New Hampshire of Register of Historic Places. It had been a very busy decade!
The Friends of the Wilmot Public Library were also very busy during this decade. The concept of Tiny Libraries throughout the town appealed to the Friends, and in 2016, they began to offer Tiny Libraries for people to adopt. Doug MacDonald started to build them and soon they were adopted by families and appeared at curb side on many properties. The concept was so well accepted in town, that in 2017 the Friends of the Wilmot Public Library received from the New Hampshire Library Trustee Association, the Sue Palmatier Award of the Outstanding Support by a Friends of the Library Group.
The decade began with a surprise. Covid 19 was a virus that spread rapidly and many people became infected. Hospitals were overrun, and New Hampshire and the entire country shut down in March 2020. We were in lockdown. State employees were not in their offices, restaurants could not seat people inside, masks were required when going inside buildings such as grocery stores. The library could not open for business. If one wanted to take a book from the library, the patron could call, request a book, and then it was placed outside in a sealed plastic container. The Wilmot Library was also able to take patrons in by appointment. Because the library is small, Glynis Hart, the library director could take people in one at time. Masks and sanitizer were available. Books were quarantined and sanitized. Patrons continued to use the library, but in a different way. Programs were held via Zoom. The lockdown continued until June 2021.
Wilmot Public Library Directors
1911-1921: Harriet Woodward
1914: Mary Roby, Wilmot Flat Branch librarian
1921-1923 Theresa Atwood
1923- 1924: Kate Ford and Florence Langley
1924-1926: Abbie Langley and Florence Langley
1927: Kate Ford and Abbie C. Langley
1928-1932: Abbie Langley
1933-1934: Nettie Grace and Edith Campbell Nettie Grace, Abbie Langley
1934-1937: Edith Campbell, Gertrude Woodward
1937-1938: Edith Campbell and Edna Prescott
1938- 1941: Edith Campbell, Edna Prescott, Lydia Thompson, Eva French
1941-42: Edith Campbell, Bernice Aldrich, Edith Cheney
1942-1943: Edith Campbell, Edna Prescott, Edith Cheney
1943-1947: Edith Campbell, Edna Prescott
1947-1950: Edith Cheney, L. Caroline LaJoie
1951 1953: Edith Campbell, Hazel Call, Edith Cheney
1954- 1955: Esther R. Clarke, Florence Jewell, Edith Cheney, Emily Call
1956-1957: Florence Jewell, Emily Call, Edith Cheney
1958-19: Florence Jewell, Edith Cheney
1959: Eileen Laughlin, Hilda Aldrich: Flat Librarian, Betty Patten
1960: Ruth Holt, Hilda Aldrich
1960- 1962: Ruth Holt, Hilda Aldrich: Flat Librarian, Clara Langley, Edith Campbell
1963-64: Mrs. G, Stewart Campbell, Hilda Aldrich, Teresa Atwood
1965-1967: Margaret Loomer, Doris Langley, Teresa Atwood
1966-1967: Margaret Loomer, Edith Locklin, Doris Langley
1968-1971: Margaret Loomer, Edith Locklin,
1972: Edith Locklin, Margaret Loomer, Marion Allen for 3 months
1973-1975: Margaret Loomer, Marion Allen
1976-1978: Judy Romanoff Flat Librarian, Mary Jane Schoeler
1978- 1979: Suzanne Niles: Flat Librarian, Mary Jane Schoeler
1979-1986: Mary Jane Schoeler
1986-1998: Kathryn Donovan
1997-2002: Julie Slack
2002-2007: Barbara Faughnan
2007: Susan Cowan Interim librarian
2008-2017: Rosanna Dude Long
2011-20: Kendel Currier as Assistant Librarian
2017-2019: Michelle Lutz Travis
2018: Mary Fanelli hired as Assistant Librarian
2019-20: Glynis Hart, Mary Fanelli
1898: Nettie Currier, Chair; Will M. Pillsbury, Secretary; Emma Collins
1899: Nettie Currier, Chair; Will M. Pillsbury; Seth E. Goodhue, Secretary and Treasurer.
1900: Will M. Pillsbury; Seth E. Goodhue, Secretary and Treasurer, Minot Stearns
1901: Seth E. Goodhue, Secretary and Treasurer, Minot Stearns, James Flanders
1902: Warren Langley, Secretary and Treasurer, Minot Stearns, James Flanders
1903: Warren Langley, Secretary and Treasurer, James Flanders, Ernest Howard
1904: Warren Langley, Secretary and Treasurer; Ernest Howard
1905: Herbert Woodward, Secretary and Treasurer; Ernest Howard, Bert F. Thompson
1906: Herbert Woodward, Secretary and Treasurer, Ernest Howard, Bert F. Thompson
1907: Herbert Woodward, Secretary and Treasurer;William A. Thompson, J.H. Greeley
1908: William A. Thompson, John H. Greeley
1909: William A. Thompson, John H. Greeley, Herbert S. Clay
1910: James S. Flanders, John H. Greeley, Herbert S. Clay
1911: James W. Flanders, Florence Goodhue Walker, Charles J. Graney
1912- 1914: Charles J. Graney, Ernest Howard, Arthur Seavey
1915: Aubrey Langley, Treasurer; Charles Graney
1916 -1918: Aubrey Langley, Treasurer; Charles Graney, Benjamin Emons
1919: Aubrey Langley, Treasurer; Charles Graney
1920 -1922: Aubrey Langley, Treasurer; Charles Graney, Harriet Woodward
1923: Aubrey Langley, Harriet Woodward, Addie White
1924: Aubrey Langley, Harriet Woodward, Addie White
1925: Aubrey Langley, M. Theresa Atwood, Addie White
1926: Aubrey Langley, M. Theresa Atwood
1927: Aubrey Langley, M. Theresa Atwood, Emma Collins
1928: Aubrey Langley, Edith Campbell
1929: Aubrey Langley, Edith Campbell, Imogene V. Emons
1930: Mildred Howard, Imogene V. Emons, Nettie Grace, Elsie Seavey
1931: Mildred Howard, Imogene V. Emons, Aubrey Langley
1932: Mildred Howard, Imogene V. Emons, Aubrey Langley
1933: Mildred Howard, Imogene V. Emons, Mildred Stuart
1934: Imogene V. Emons, Mildred Stuart, Edith Campbell
1935-1937: Mildred Stuart Treasurer; Edith Campbell, Elsie Seavey
1938: Mildred Stuart Treasurer; Edith Campbell, L. Caroline LaJoie
1939: Edith Campbell, Treasurer; L. Caroline LaJoie, Lydia Thompson
1940: L. Caroline LaJoie, Treasurer; Lydia Thompson, Grace S. Foote
1941: Lorraine Cadoo, Treasurer; L. Caroline LaJoie, Lydia Thompson, Grace S. Foote
1942: Grace S. Foote, Treasurer; Caroline La Joie, Martha Burnish
1943: Caroline La Joie, Treasurer; Grace S. Foote, Martha Burnish
1944: Grace S. Foote, Treasurer; Caroline La Joie, Eva L. French
1945: Caroline La Joie, Treasurer; Eva L. French, Helen Caldwell
1946: Eva L. French, Treasurer; L. Caroline La Joie, Helen Caldwell
1947: Edith Clarke, Treasurer, Eva L. French; L. Caroline La Joie
1948: L. Caroline La Joie, Chair; Edith Campbell, Treasurer, Eva L. French
1949: L. Caroline La Joie, Chair; Edith Campbell, Treasurer, Eva L. French
1950: Leona Righter, Katherine M. White, Edith Campbell, Treasurer
1951-1954: Leona Righter, Katherine M. White, Edith Campbell, Treasurer
1955: Ruth Workman, Katherine M. White, Edith Campbell, Treasurer
1956: Ruth Workman, Annie W. Thompson, Edith Campbell, Treasurer
1957: Ruth Workman, Annie W. Thompson, Edith Campbell, Treasurer
1958: Annie W. Thompson; Edith Campbell, Treasurer; Casper L. LeVarne
1959: Annie W. Thompson; Edith Campbell, Treasurer; Casper L. LeVarne
1960 -1962: Casper L. LeVarne, Treasurer; Annie W. Thompson, Mildred Howard
1963, 1964: Annie W. Thompson, Mildred Howard, Judith Walker
1965: Annie W. Thompson, Judith Walker, Forrest Richards
1966- 67: Judith Walker, Forrest Richards, Edith Payson
1968 -1971: Edith Payson, Marion L. Allen, Judith S. Walker
1972: Judith S. Walker, treasurer; Edith Payson, Phyllis Robichaud
1973: Judith S. Walker, treasurer; Phyllis Robichaud, Thelma Minard
1974: Judith S. Walker, treasurer; Phyllis Robichaud, Thelma Minard
1975: Judith S. Walker, treasurer; Phyllis Robichaud, Thelma Minard
1976: Judith S. Walker, treasurer; Phyllis Robichaud, Thelma Minard
1977: Judith S. Walker, treasurer; Gary Rayno, Thelma Minard
1978: Judith S. Walker, treasurer; Judy Romanoff, Thelma Minard
1979: Tomie de Paolo, Judy Romanoff, Thelma Minard
1980: Judy Romanoff, Thelma Minard, Catherine Fitzgerald
1981: Thelma Minard, Catherine Fitzgerald, John White
1982: Thelma Minard, Catherine Fitzgerald, John White
1983: Thelma Minard, Catherine Fitzgerald, John White
1984: Thelma Minard, Catherine Fitzgerald, Joyce Tawney, Treasurer
1985: Thelma Minard, Joyce Tawney, Treasurer; Loretta Zuger
1986: Thelma Minard, Cindy Kiedaisch, Loretta Zuger
1987: Thelma Minard, Carol Graham, Loretta Zuger
1988: Thelma Minard, Carol Graham, Kathy Springsteen
1989: Thelma Minard, Elizabeth Hill, Kathy Springsteen
1990- 1992: Thelma Minard, Elizabeth Hill, Kathy Springsteen
1993 -1998: Thelma Minard, Elizabeth Hill, Kristin Tupper
1999: Thelma Minard; Anne Moodey, Treasurer; Kristin Tupper
2000-2001: Elizabeth Hill, chair; Anne Moodey, Treasurer; Carla Marshall, Secretary
2002: Carla Marshall, Chair; Anne Moodey, Treasurer; Kelly Morse, Secretary
2003-2007: Carla Marshall, Chair; Anne Moodey, Treasurer; Pat Novak, Secretary
2008: Carla Marshall Chair; Anne Moodey, Treasurer; Jackie Thompson, Secretary
2009: Jackie Thompson, Chair; Ann Moodey, Treasurer; Ann Davis Secretary
2010: Jackie Thompson, Chair; Ann Davis, Treasurer; Ann Feeley Kiefer Secretary
2011: Jackie Thompson, Chair; Ann Davis, Treasurer; Ann Feeley Kiefer Secretary
2012-2014: Jackie Thompson, Chair; Mary Ellen Price, Treasurer; Ann Feeley Kiefer Secretary
2105: Jackie Thompson, Chair; Carol Weatherbee, Treasurer; Ann Feeley Kiefer Secretary
2016: Jackie Thompson, Chair; Carol Weatherbee, Treasurer; Ann Feeley Kiefer Secretary
2017: Jackie Thompson, Chair; Kathy Van Weelden, Treasurer; Ann Feeley Kiefer Secretary
2018: Jackie Thompson, Chair; Judith Hauck, Treasurer; Ann Feeley Kiefer Secretary
2019: Jackie Thompson, Chair; Judith Hauck, Treasurer; Barbara Wiggin, Secretary
2020: Margaret Doody Chair; Judith Hauck, Treasurer; Heidi Nelson, Secretary
2021: Margaret Doody Chair; Judith Hauck, Treasurer; Janet Schwartz, Secretary
Friends of the Wilmot Public Library
1976: Established as Friends of the Library. Frances Wilcox First President
May 19, 1988: Name Changed to Friends of the Wilmot Public Library
1988- 19: Janet Howe: President of Friends
1998: Ray and Pat Pfisterer, co-presidents, Susan Kraeger, vice President; Donna Sweet, Secretary, George Howe, Treasurer
1999: George and Janet Howe co-presidents, Barbara Fitts, vice president; Kay Draper, secretary, Jim Mi, Treasurer
2000: Linda Lambert, president, Barbara Fitts, Vice President, Pat Novak, Secretary, Jim Hall Treasurer
2002: Maureen Baron, acting president and Vice president, Nola Aldrich Treasurer, Pat Novak Secretary
2003: Carol MacDonald President, Maureen Baron, and Vice president, Nola Aldrich Treasurer, Kate McKibbin Secretary
2004: Carol MacDonald President, Loretta Zuger, Vice president, Nola Aldrich Treasurer, Kate McKibbin Secretary
2005: Carol MacDonald President, Loretta Zuger, Vice president, Nola Aldrich Treasurer, Kate McKibbin Secretary
2006: Carol MacDonald President, Loretta Zuger, Vice president, Nola Aldrich Treasurer, Kate McKibbin Secretary
2007: Carol MacDonald President, Loretta Zuger, vice president, Kate McKibbin Secretary, Nola Aldrich Treasurer
2008: Carol MacDonald President, Loretta Zuger, vice president, Kate McKibbin Secretary, Nola Aldrich Treasurer
2009: Carol MacDonald President, Amy Swindell, vice president, Kate McKibbin Secretary, Nola Aldrich Treasurer
2010: Carol MacDonald President, Amy Swindell, vice president, Kate McKibbin Secretary, Nola Aldrich Treasurer
2011: Carol MacDonald President, Amy Swindell, vice president, Kate McKibbin Secretary, Nola Aldrich Treasurer
2012: Carol MacDonald President, Amy Swindell, vice president, Kate McKibbin Secretary, Nola Aldrich Treasurer
2013: Carol MacDonald President, Amy Swindell, vice president, Kate McKibbin Secretary, Nola Aldrich Treasurer
2014: Carol MacDonald President, Amy Swindell, vice president, Kate McKibbin Secretary, Nola Aldrich Treasurer
2015: Carol MacDonald President, Kate McKibbin Secretary, Nola Aldrich Treasurer
2016: Carol MacDonald President, Amy Swindell, vice president, Kate McKibbin Secretary, Nola Aldrich Treasurer
2017: Carol MacDonald President, Joanne Franklin Secretary, Nola Aldrich Treasurer
2018: Carol MacDonald President, Joanne Franklin Secretary, Nola Aldrich Treasurer
2019: Carol MacDonald President, Joanne Franklin, Secretary, Nola Aldrich Treasurer
2020: Carol MacDonald President, Joanne Franklin Secretary, Nola Aldrich Treasurer
2021: Carol MacDonald President, Joanne Franklin Secretary, Nola Aldrich Treasurer
Briggs, F. Allen. June 13, 1858. “The Sunday School Library in the Nineteenth Century” Retrieved from https://www.jstor.org/stable/4305096.
Town of Wilmot Annual Reports 1896-2020
Langley, Florence, Glimpse of the Past. Phoenix Publishing: Canaan, New Hampshire, 1986.
Walker, Judy, Notes on Wilmot Public Library, transcribed by Janet Howe
100th Anniversary Annual Trustees Report, 2011.